ICT Cell – Sindh Institute of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences (SIOVS)
ICT Cell was established to cater the all technology needs of the Institute. It is the state of the art Central Technology Support Cell involved in the:
- Development/deployment of Health Management Information System.
- Prepare the regular statistical reports like O.T, Admissions and admission Lists in HIMS.
- Managing Online web portal of SIOVS can be accessed at URL, “siovs.edu.pk” on desktop or mobile devices 24/7. Updated O.T and O.P.D lists are also available online.
- Beside HIMS, ICT Cell has also developed in-house software modules for PEADS Ophthalmology Clinic and Vitreo-Retina Clinic and a software for Screening of Heavy Transport Vehicle (HTV) drivers that is deployed at M9 Toll Plaza
- Connects SIOVS with all major Social Media channels LinkedIn, Facebook & YouTube
- Managing Domain-Based Email box to all the Sections of SIOVS.A domain-based email account for official use only
- Facilitating all the faculty members & Post-graduate students of SIOVS with free access to the Internet so, that they may smoothly contribute towards teaching, training and research activities with updated knowledge and information
- Providing support to the Faculty members and postgraduate students in preparation of their routine documents as well, like writing Research Articles, filling routine online forms
- Quickly and frequently respond to support requests. A System Support extension number is established inside the ICT Cell in order to provide all the useful hardware & software trouble shooting to all the Sections of SIOVS, including repair / maintenance of the Computer Accessories / Items installed in various sections of SIOVS. Computers, Laptops, Printers, Hard disk, Monitors, Scanners, Fax Machine
- Keeping Computers/I.T Networking updated to avoid nasty security exploits. ICT Cell is regularly updating the Computers/I.T Networking of SIOVS so that one can get benefits of the updated systems. In this regards a new fresh network has been installed at new OPD Block, Administration, Finance and all three (3) units/wards, with deployment of the separate H3C & CISCO Layer 2 & 3 Network Switches with Unifi and H3C wireless routers for more improved functionality including state of the art Sophos Firewall Device. Some of the Mission Critical Stations provided with wired data network in order to prevent data loss. Network data loss prevention to secure the Institute’s network communications; including email, web applications, and traditional data transfer mechanisms like FTP.
- Regularly involved planning to equipped SIOVS with modern and sophisticated I.T equipments in order to facilitate teaching, training and research. In this connection all the Sections & Eye Units were provided Core I7/I5 Desktop PCs, portable hard drives, portable DVD drives and data frameworks